Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sweet Addie

Dear Addie,

I am writing this now to tell you the things that I wish I could have told you while you were still here. You were an amazing young woman, I never saw you without a smile on your face. Your smile would light up every room you walked into. You had so much integrity, Once while babysitting my kids I came home to find you sitting on the couch without the TV on. When I said, " You could have been watching a show instead of sitting there bored," You responded, " actually I am grounded from watching TV and wouldn't feel good about watching it." I will miss your hugs, every time I saw you, no matter where, you would give me a hug. You were so warm and welcoming to me when I was first put into young women's, I felt right at home when you were around. My children absolutely love you too. Chloe would always ask for you to come babysit for them because she said you were so fun and she loved you. Last Saturday when you babysat for them was the first time that Bella said your name when she saw you. I learned so much from you in the short year that I knew you. You loved your family and treated them with respect. You loved the gospel and life and lived it with a happy attitude. I am so thankful that I was able to have you in my life, even if that time was cut too short. Thank you for being an excellent example to me of a believer! You are already greatly missed!

All my love,
Buffy

3 comments:

Angie said...

This was so sweet Buffy. What a hard and difficult thing for the Moore family to go through. My parents told me about this. We knew the family back when we lived in AZ. Are you in the same ward as Mary Staley? I don't know what her last name is now though. Our family was in their ward in AZ and they are the ones who told us about the accident.

Logan and Tanya said...

Wow! What happened? It sounds aweful! I'm sorry!

Candis said...

Traci cuts my hair when I'm in town. My mom called me that day after the accident and told me what happened. So very very sad.