Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Books

A few good books that I have read lately, and yes I found them all in the TEEN section of the library. I just find them more clean than adult books!

1st- Vampire Academy ( I know. I know. not another vampire book!) This was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY different than the twilight series, no mushy gazing into eachothers eyes and I liked it better than twilight. Yes, it is a series with 4 books Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise and a fifth is coming out in May and a 6th in late 2010. It has a lot of action and what I like most is that it is not long winded as opposed to twilight, the author (Richelle Mead) gets right to the point! I've read all 4 and am excited to get to the next one in May.

2nd- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. Really a good. clean. book. A really good story line, very different than I have ever read. There are 3 books in this series, Poison Study, Magic study, and Fire study. Of course there is magic, why else would I read it! I have not finished the 3rd book yet, I am still in school afterall, but Im sure it will be good.

If anybody else has read these books I would like to know what you thought of them. Also, I am always looking for good reads, so if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

P.S. Happy Birthday to my very first Nephew Baylor! I cant believe that I have been an aunt for 13 years! Ahhhh Jeni has a teenager!!! Love you Bay!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Buffy you should sign up on www.goodreads.com you can share book recommendations and review with your friends...gwen and i are on there!

Alicia said...

Hi Buffy
Thanks for finding me! I have not read these books but I am always on the lookout for some good ones. Have you read the Hunger Games series? I enjoyed reading those. Ta Ta for now!

Elder Romney's mission said...

I will download those to my handy dandy reader that Cade gave me for Christmas, although I enjoyed the mushyness of the Twilight series!

Tanner Fam said...

Good info...I'm always on the look out for a good, clean book.
Thanks. :)

nelly said...

I'm going to put those books on my list. Thanks for the recommendations. A series that I LOVED(I just had to go back and capitalize loved)is the books of Bayern by Shannon Hale. There are four:
The Goose Girl
Enna Burning
River Secrets
Forest Born

p.s. I love to listen to books on disc. I get them from the library. Then listen to them while I do house work. It's totally my motivation to do dishes or laundry. Anyway some books are really fun to listen to and some are not. It depends on the reader, if you like their voice and stuff. I totally recommend listened to the Bayern books. The recordings are awesome.


Oh I also like Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Colllins
(has an OK reader)

Oh and I just finished the Underland Chronicles. They were pretty good. (bad reader, I stopped listening and just read them myself)

thanks again!

Matt said...

I try to stay away from Adult books too.

Tiffani Mills said...

Like two people above- if you like the easy teenage read like I do. The Hunger Games/Catching Fire is good.