Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fond Farewell

So for the past 20 months my calling for church has been in the nursery. It has been an interesting experience to say the least especially since I have had strep throat 5 times in the last 20 months ( I dont think that hand sanitizer gel works but that is a whole different story)! But I must say that I love those little kids, they are so pure and loving. I have learned more from them than I thought possible. They love to sing, dance, laugh, and play. They are so forgiving of everybody and compassionate to each other. I am really going to miss seeing their smiling faces every Sunday.
That being said, I received a new calling a few weeks ago and I will now be our wards Young Women President. I know what you are thinking, I felt the same way, I even asked the bishop if he was sure he had the right person. But after praying about it I know its right. I am excited and a little nervous for the challenge but I am ready. I already have so much love for the girls, they really are a sweet, beautiful bunch of young women.
But I will miss those sweet kids in nursery, not to mention the snack time too!

4 comments:

Joey and Megan said...

I'm sure Hannah wouldn't mind if you had snack time in YW too. You will do a great job in your new calling!

shananchuck said...

I always loved Young Womens!! Have fun in your new calling, the girls will love you!! And it was about time to be released from Nursery.

Misha said...

I love Young Womens. I'm first counselor right now, and I love it. You'll do great.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

You will be such a great YW president. The girls will LOVE you! What a change for you though!!!