Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My 3 Candy Corns

Every year for Thanksgiving my Nonny (dads mom) would set the tables with little cups that had candy corn in it at each seat. We were supposed to say something that we were thankful for for each candy corn we had in the cup. For some reason I remember there were always 3, which may be because we ate most of them. So I was thinking, what would me 3 candy corns be this year. I could take the easy way out and say Chris, Chloe and Bella, but thats a given, right? So I am thinking outside the box of the usual ones ( church, family, ect) and thought it would be fun to see what other things I am thankful for.

Candy Corn #1: My Pressure Cooker. If you dont have one, you are totally missing out. If you have one and use it 3 times a week like I do, then you understand!

Candy Corn #2: Cereal. I could eat it every meal if I had to. Its healthy, ( at least the kind I eat) its a good snack to pack in your diaper bag, and its oh soooo delicious!

Candy Corn #3: The internet. I love that with a few clicks of a mouse I can connect with friends, check my bank account, make a photobook, find a recipe for dinner, get a personal progress idea for church, shop, and so much more!

Ok, now I really cant get away without a few Candy corns that have some depth to them.

Candy Corn #4: Family. A bit cliche but soooo true. I love them, all of them from Chris, to my kids, to my parents, to my siblings and their spouses ( and almost fiance), and my nieces and nephews, and my in-laws, and my grandparents, cousins, ect. Those of you who know us know that we are related to almost everybody and I am thankful for them all!

Candy Corn #5: Laughter. I love to laugh, ha ha ha ha, loud and long and clear ( did I just bust into a mary poppins song?) But seriously, I love it! Especially laughing with somebody, its the best. Most of my memories involve laughing in someway. I think it has healing power and keeps the soul young!

Alright I think this is getting a bit too long so I will end. Happy Thanksgiving everybody, and while you are eating your turkey and cranberry sauce ( which is my most favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal) maybe you could think about what your 3 candy corns are! OK I'll stop, thats way too cheesy!

3 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

I love it! What a sweet memory with your grandma!

Katherine said...

Almost fiance? I'll tell Devin you love him :)

Elder Romney's mission said...

I dont remember the candy corns but now that you mentioned it, I guess I do. You made me cry!